- Participate in the Teaching and Advising Student Veterans Workshop held in November as a part of Veterans Appreciation Week. This workshop is organized by the Office of Military Affiliated Students, and is open to instructors, students, and staff.
- Listen to student veterans' stories about their experience in Brown classrooms.
- Explore the resources on this page to learn about classroom practices, about military life and transitioning to civilian life, and about campus resources for instructors.
Teaching Resources for Faculty
- 25 undergraduate veterans and ~35 graduate/medical school veterans.
- Veterans make up 0.3% of the undergraduate student body, compared with 3% at other area schools at 1% at private universities.
- Represent 22 concentrations, most popular are:
- International Relations
- Computer Science
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Eighty percent of student veterans are older than age 25.
- Many student vets are married and several have children.