Military-Affiliated Students

Financial Aid

Brown's financial aid policies, combined with the Veteran Administration's Yellow Ribbon Program, makes a Brown education accessible and affordable.

The Yellow Ribbon Program can help you pay for higher out-of-state, private school, foreign school, or graduate school tuition and fees that the Post-9/11 GI Bill doesn’t cover.
Prospective medical students should contact the Office of Financial Aid in the Warren Alpert Medical School.

Post-9/11 GI Bill®

Screenshot of eBenefits pageYou can see your eligibility and benefits remaining on the DoD's MyAccess site: Once you register in the system and log in, it will give you a list of services you can access, one of which is eBenefits. Once on the eBenefits page, roll over the "View My Status" menu at the top and select "Post-9/11 GI Bill Enrollment Status." 

This screen gives you all the relevant information about your GI Bill benefits: what your eligibility percentage is, how many months of benefits you started out with, and how many you have left. It also shows your enrollment history.

If you think you will run out of benefits before completing your studies at Brown, it's very important to prepare for this in advance. (Remember: if you're a RUE student and you didn't apply for financial aid when you applied to Brown, you are ineligible to apply for it later.) Please come talk to us if you think you are at risk of running out of benefits.